Friday, February 11, 2011

Free-writing 11 for ENG 1010

I have several friends from Hawaii and all of them are crazy.  I'm not sure if it's the constant sun and salty sea-air, or maybe it's the isolation of being on an island.  Whatever it is, they're all batty, and that's what I love about them.  I've been to Hawaii once, but only stopped on a layover to Japan.  I didn't see much of the island state, but the stories my friends tell me are enthralling.

Just once, I'd love to walk the crusted lava plains, climb the active volcanoes, swim the whale infested channels, relax on the black sand beaches, or crack my own freshly picked coconut.  From what I understand, the smaller islands are like small communities, or tribes, where everyone is friendly and welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment