Friday, February 11, 2011

Free-writing 2 for ENG 1010

The waitress stood tall.  The man at the table in front of her said, "You sure do stand tall."  The waitress looked at him with a glare that could melt iron.  "Why must you always come here and point out my physical features?!  I know I'm tall.  My parents were tall, my grandparents were tall, it's genetic." she said with a matter-of-fact tone.  The man replied, "Geez, sorry.  I was just trying to make conversation.  Besides, you have remarkable features worth, err... remarking on."  "Here's your drink." said the waitress dropping a sweaty glass with a light brown liquid inside.  She then stormed off with a little more of a slouch.  The man sat quietly at his table sipping his long island iced tea and thinking of warmer weather.  When the waitress returned, the man apologized and asked, "Would you like to come with me to Acapulco?"

No comments:

Post a Comment