Friday, February 25, 2011

Free-writing 14 for ENG 1010

It’s a restless life.  I don’t ever really sleep; I’m constantly on call, if you’ll pardon the pun.  The most rest I get is, maybe, eight hours, if I’m lucky, to just hang out on the dresser and recharge my batteries.  But even that gets interrupted every two hours when I have to check for incoming emails.

Don’t get me wrong, I love what I do; I just feel I could be, I dunno, a little more appreciated.  But I know as well as any other cell phone that I’ll probably just be tossed away in two years and replaced by the newer, faster, and sexier models.  I guess that’s why I don’t mind my job so much; it’s a two year contract and then I get to rest forever in that great landfill in the sky.

While I’m still here, however, I feel obliged to give my best.  Occasionally, I’ll hold my ground on an issue, which will force someone to reboot me, and Lord knows there’s nothing better than a fresh start.

Yeah, I field a lot of calls, I mean, I don’t wanna brag, but I can field a lot of calls.  Sometimes I can take multiple calls simultaneously.  I might be a badass by my grandparent’s, “The Landline” standards, but I think it’s pretty standard anymore.

1 comment:

  1. "Lord knows there's nothing better than a fresh start.." love it.
    p.s. i'm pretty proud of you for many reasons--and i've loved reading your writing assignments, just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete